"Quick Fixes, Hacks, and Tips of the Trade" by Peter Erskine & Dave Black
Alfred Music, the leading publisher in music education since 1922, announces the release of The Drummer’s Lifeline: Quick Fixes, Hacks, and Tips of the Trade.
Written by renowned authors, Peter Erskine and Dave Black, The Drummer’s Lifeline offers practical, yet “off-beat” solutions to just about any drumming situation someone will most likely encounter, whether you’re a working pro, a student, or a weekend warrior who simply plays the drums for the fun of it. Whatever your musical preference or style, and whatever your level of drumming experience or expertise, the authors promise you’ll find answers to questions you’ve asked yourself before, or answers to questions you didn’t even know existed.
- Over 80 practice, performance, recording, gear, and industry tips
- Tricks to achieve the desired sounds from your drums
- Care and maintenance solutions
- Music business advice, such as fee negotiation and self-promotion
- Instructions on choosing, changing, and tuning drumheads
- Warm-up exercises and musical examples
- A glossary of words you should know
The Drummer’s Lifeline is available for $12.99 at music retail stores, online retailers, and alfred.com.