Sweet Soul features John Scofield, Joe Lovano, Randy Brecker, Bob Mintzer, Kenny Werner, Marc Johnson and Peter Erskine, playing songs and arrangements by Vince Mendoza, plus compositions by Peter, Kenny, Joe, Kurt Weill, Dave Bruceck and Sir William Walton (Lovano’s playing on the album’s opener “Touch Her Soft Lips and Part” is a classic, and is completely gorgeous).
This album was recorded in 1991 in New York, direct-to-2-track by James Farber, and was originally released in Japan. Fuzzy Music is proud to make this recording available once again.
- Touch Her Soft Lips and Part (William Walton)
- Press Enter (Kenny Werner)
- Sweet Soul (Peter Erskine)
- To Be Or Not To Be (Peter Erskine)
- Ambivalence (Vince Mendoza)
- Angels and Devils (Vince Mendoza)
- Speak Low (Kurt Weill)
- Scolastic (Vince Mendoza)
- Distant Blossom (Kenny Werner)
- But Is It Art? (Peter Erskine)
- In Your Own Sweet Way (Dave Brubeck)