- Chandra (Jaki Byard) 9:26
- Autumn Rose (Peter Erskine) 7:06
- Con Alma (Dizzy Gillespie) 9:55
- Stickslap (Alan Pasqua) 5:41
- Wichita Lineman (Jimmy Webb) 7:44
- The Music of My People (Peter Erskine) 9:58
- Barcelona (Alan Pasqua) 7:29
- Bulgaria (Peter Erskine) 10:03
- I Hear A Rhapsody (George Fragos, Jack Baker & Dick Gasparre) 5:50
The Interlochen Concert
Peter Erskine - Alan Pasqua Trio
Alan Pasqua: piano; Darek Oles: bass; Peter Erskine: drums
The music on the album is presented as it was played on the evening of April 8, 2009 in Corson Auditorium, without edit or repair. The drumset is a PDP kit which was generously donated to the Interlochen Center for the Arts’s jazz program by Drum Workshop, Inc. This performance was the kit’s debut, and the drums sound great! The piano is a Steinway D.
I attended the Interlochen Arts Academy (high school) between the years of 1968 and 1971. Alan Pasqua and I played a concert together there back in the autumn of ‘71, and this April 2009 gig marked the 2nd time that we played Interlochen…only 37.5 years later. The place has grown and yet is still the same: remote, magical and musical. A lot of friends were at this reunion concert, and their presence inspired what I feel is one of our best performances ever. This recording also marks the welcome addition of bassist Darek Oles to our touring trio. I consider this one of my finest performances.
– Peter Erskine, Class of 1971
Dedicated to my teachers and classmates of Interlochen